What do we do?
At Rattle and Roll we are passionate about the positive impact that performing arts, sport and mindfulness can have on young people. We care about healthy bodies and healthy minds.
We provide fun, educational and inspiring classes in music, dance, drama, singing, instrument tuition, sport, and yoga & mindfulness for children aged from 4 months to 11 years. We also provide wraparound care before and after school.
To enrich children’s lives with new skills and experiences in a safe and secure environment.
Designed to be different
We aim to deliver the highest quality experiences for your child which are jam packed with fun and learning opportunities.
- We focus on confidence building whilst learning new skills. We often incorporate an end of term concert or performance to parents so you can see what they have been learning. Every child in each of our classes is the star of the show.
- We only use qualified teaching staff or performing arts and sports specialists. We recruit the highest quality teachers to ensure all the children that come to our classes have a brilliant, high quality, educational and fun experience.
- Safeguarding is of the highest priority. All our teachers have an enhanced portable DBS, public liability insurance, safeguarding and PREVENT training. We capture and store your emergency contact details; child specific medical or allergy details; and collection instructions in our secure online platform so they are always readily available to all our staff.
- We are constantly reviewing; evaluating and innovating in order to bring new; relevant and current content and experiences to our classes.
- We offer flexible payment methods for termly clubs allowing you to spread the cost in either 2 or 3 instalments. We accept online debit and credit card payments as well as childcare vouchers for all after school clubs, holiday clubs and INSET clubs.
“‘..Just wanted to tell you what a great job you are doing with the holiday club, Stan really loves it. I have never seen him so enthused about a group before, he's so excited about the show he can't sleep! It must be down to your enthusiasm and passion for music!’”
“'I went to Rattle & Roll classes with my daughter from about 9 months to when she started pre-school. She enjoyed it so much that I took my son too. The session is split into different sections which keeps the childrens' attention, and there is a different theme every half term which keeps the grown ups interest. I hated music theory at school, but my son seems to have soaked up crotchets, minims and semi-quavers! If your children enjoying listening to music, singing and making noise you will love these classes. I would highly recommend them.'”
“'My 2 3/4 yr old has been going since 18 months old and she loves it - there is so much variety in each class, and her confidence singing independently has grown hugely. The music is so varied and Nicky doesn't mind if your child runs about which is a refreshing change. It is fast-paced and educational as well as being brilliant fun. The children all have a fantastic time - as do the mums!”
“Nicky has a very natural style for teaching the children and other parents have told me the same. She is motivating and brings the best out in them. Molly is not a confident child but has reached a point in her recorder lessons where she is actually asking to do solos! She is keen to progress onto other musical instruments in the future as a result of Nicky's patience and encouragement in learning and hat reflects just how much Molly has enjoyed her lessons so far. She looks forward to a Wednesday and that's credit to Nicky!”
“Thank you for introducing Elsie to, what is now, a real love of music. She has a varied taste which is great. She also loves clapping to the beat, marching and rhythm....all thanks to you!”
“My daughter learnt to play the recorder through The Recorder Club and she loved it. As a result she learnt to read music from a young age which definitely helped speed up her progression when she was ready to move onto another instrument. We were really impressed and I would definitely recommend it"
“The children absolutely love their recorder lessons and cannot wait for the next lesson each week!”
“James has grown so much by learning the recorder - I can't stop him performing now or picking up new instruments”
“Rattle and Roll have generated a wave of enthusiasm in school with our youngest children in Year 1 and 2. They are always well received by the children and are very empathetic to the needs of all the children in class lessons . Their style is supportive to the needs of the busy office, class teachers and school . They put on a charming musical show for our parents recently which was wonderfully received”
“Rattle and Roll has been great for Lottie, she naturally loves music and R&R gives her the opportunity to play, socialise and practice her motor skills...loudly!”
“My 5 year old loves recorder lessons. She only started learning the recorder last September but her enthusiasm for music has grown so much in this time that she is now learning to play the piano too”
“I've tried many classes over the last 5 years and this is by far the best. Please keep doing what you do!”