We run high quality, educational and fun clubs and classes for primary school children. We also teach specialist music, dance, drama and sport PPA/CPD and Curriculum lessons.
Our clubs run before school; lunchtime; and after school, and we deal with all administration associated with the clubs.
All our clubs offer valuable learning opportunities with the added benefit of providing childcare for parents/carers during our before and after school clubs.
We also run clubs on INSET days and Holiday Fun clubs in all school holidays.
If you would like to discuss any of our provision running at your school then please contact us
Curriculum Music, Dance and Drama or PPA/CPD
We offer unique and expert Curriculum, PPA or CPD Dance, Music and Drama Provision. This is available for all years and is designed by Rattle and Roll’s expert team to go above and beyond the key elements of the National Curriculum and EYFS. We can plan flexibly to fit into any topic set by school to compliment learning across the curriculum.
Curriculum Dance, Gymnastics, Mindfulness and Yoga, and Sport PPA/CPD
We also offer expert sports coaching in all sports including Gymnastics and also specially designed HIIT (high intensity interval training) sessions for children. The benefits of HIIT training are that children can exercise for short periods of time whilst gaining the same physical benefits of a longer workout. With the combination of Dance; Mindfulness and Yoga; and Sport – we can provide a varied PE package over the course of a year.
Mindfulness sessions with staff on INSET days
These sessions focus on increasing a sense of wellbeing as well as offering tools and strategies to deal with increased stress or anxiety (bought on by every day events).
What is Mindfulness? Live in the present
- The opposite of autopilot.
- Mindfulness is a way of training the mind to be present. It involves paying attention to what is happening as it happens, and doing so with an attitude of kindness, acceptance, and non-judgment.
- Cultivating mindfulness produces greater self-awareness, can make us more empathic, and more resilient.
- We can learn to respond with greater wisdom and flexibility to difficult emotions and experiences, and learn to live with greater happiness and vitality.
The Benefits of Mindfulness
- Mindfulness improves working memory, creativity, attention span, and reaction speeds.
- Mindfulness reduces psychological distress (e.g. anxiety, stress & depression).
- Mindfulness enhances brain function, particularly areas of the brain associated with self awareness, empathy, self control and attention.
- Mindfulness can soothe the parts of the brain that produce stress hormones.
- It builds the areas of the brain that lift mood and promote learning.
- Mindfulness has also been shown to improve the immune system.
What’s involved in a Staff INSET?
- The training session will introduce mindfulness as a mind and body training that can greatly enhance emotional and physical well being and help deal with stressful situations more skilfully. We will also
- The origins and applications of mindfulness and the scientific research will be introduced.
- There will be a large part of the session devoted to practicing mindfulness and participants will also explore the differences between formal mindfulness training and informal awareness which can be cultivated at work and home.
- Practical tips and strategies to start to incorporate mindfulness into working and home lives will be given.
- There will be guidance on how to access further resources if participants wish to train further in mindfulness.
- The sessions will be warm, friendly and light and give staff the opportunity to have time to care for themselves.